General check of the fuel pump. If there is a suspicion on the insufficient productivity and reduction of pressure created by the fuel pump, perform the following operations:
– check a state and degree of state of charge of the rechargeable battery and, if necessary, load it;
– check serviceability of a safety lock in a power-supply circuit of the fuel pump;
– check a condition of fuel tubes and hoses for lack of leaks;
Aurally check operability of the fuel pump. The assistant has to turn the ignition key in situation "ignition is included", at the same time you during 2 with have to hear the click and noise created by the pump (noise from operation of the fuel pump it is the most convenient to listen through a jellied mouth of the fuel tank). If the fuel pump does not work, check an electric power-supply circuit of the fuel pump. If the fuel pump works, but does not create the required pressure, it is necessary to check pressure created by the pump.
Check of pressure created by the fuel pump. For check of pressure in fuel system it is necessary to have the manometer and the corresponding adapter for connection to fuel system taking into account the following remarks:
– on models till 2001 of release fuel hoses are connected by hollow bolts with washers to the fuel filter, the fuel filter is installed on an arm on the left side in a motor compartment;
– on models since 2001 of release fuel hoses connect quick-detachable connectors, the fuel filter is installed on the block of the fuel pump.
Dump pressure in fuel system.
Connect the manometer for measurement of pressure as follows:
Fig. 5.1. An arrangement of a hollow bolt of fastening of a hose of an exit of fuel from the fuel filter on models till 2001 of release
– on models till 2001 of release remove the block of the relay and safety locks from an arm and disconnect a fuel exit hose from the fuel filter and connect the manometer adapter to an exit of the fuel filter
Fig. 5.2. An arrangement of a connector of a fuel pipe on models since 2001 of release
– on models since 2001 of release separate a connector of a fuel tube about the distributive fuel highway and connect the adapter of the manometer
Include ignition, at the same time the fuel pump has to work with 2 pages.
Take readings on the manometer. If pressure of fuel exceeds nominal rate, replace pressure regulator. If pressure of fuel is lower than nominal rate, the fuel filter and/or fuel tubes can be littered, leak of fuel takes place or the fuel pump and/or the regulator of pressure are faulty.
Launch the engine and warm up it up to the working temperature. Check fuel pressure. If pressure of fuel is lower than nominal rate and the obvious reasons of it, perhaps are not found, the regulator of pressure and/or the fuel pump have defects. In this case it is recommended to replace the regulator of pressure and the fuel pump.
Switch off the engine and constantly control pressure in fuel system which has to be supported to constants. In 5 min. after switching off of the engine pressure in fuel system has to be 150 kPa. If pressure decreased up to much lower size, the regulator of pressure and/or the fuel pump have defects or the distributive fuel highway is untight.
After check of pressure of fuel dump pressure in fuel system and disconnect the manometer with the adapter.